How twitter will make money ???

Twitter the micro blogging fast response system has been here for some time... it has also been raising cash from VC (they believe it would make money?) As a twitter user, I have read lots of ideas on how to make money from twitter.


Well first it is hard to make money, so what should be the process to define what is money making system for Twitter?


This is indeed a very hard question but the last thing I just read ("Twitter unveils new premium account") made me write this post and say this is defiantly not the way!

When trying to define the right business model to a company you need to look for the strength of the service. No doubt that Twitter is strong due to its community. Known people and companies are using it to update and be updated. Once you identify the strength keep it alive don't damage it. Ex. Will check point sell you a low security firewall? The answer is no they will sell you low performance but not damaging the security (that's their strength) will Google provide a less good search? I hope you get my point? You can't damage your strength or at least what you perceived strength.

So I said why the premium users are wrong, but still How can they make money? still I don't know but I did noticed a service that have a valid business model and use a twitter like technology Blip.fm is a twitter for music where you can twit while adding music, so it is all about music and you follow your favorite DJ's. They sell mp3 or ringtones - Good Idea. Can twitter sell anything? I guess no.

I still don't have an answer but still I think the service should be free community open to everybody and equal to all, should it be?

So I don't have a business model but I have an Idea, as I see twitter the most common use of it is to get updates from people you respect, also people use it to spread information what if I could have twitter inside my newspaper for updates to all employees but be able to be connected outside as a follower... would organization like the NYT ... to PR agencies, Business information companies and down to any mid size company pay premium to be able to be connected to the twitter community but their updates will stay in a closed world ? Not sure but good luck to Twitter I really like to keep using you free...






Comments

Elazar Heim said…
I partially agree... as i see it, it's like a long boring chess game with a draw - users can't win (if someone has to pay) but will continue to play, Tweeter will continue to play (don't know how long) but can't win, no-one can win, at least not only from mini-feeds as opposed to blip.fm which is awesome.

of course, they are one of the strongest brands and have millions of users, but how just don't see how will they survive or return the investment in the near future.

My 2 cents, they should leave it free and offer more cool-simple features for their users and charge brands and research firms to access statistics, trends etc. However, I don't see it profitably enough..

Popular posts from this blog

About me!